That’s a lot of cheddar.
On Tuesday, The Milwaukee Bucks announced a contract extension with the cornerstone of their franchise, Giannis Antetokounmpo. The Greek Freak signed a supermax contract for five years and $228M, keeping arguably the best basketball player on the planet in Milwaukee for the foreseeable future.
Antetokounmpo confirmed as much via social media:
A very nice, clean message. What I think Giannis was looking like in real life behind the phone was something similar to this:
I don’t know about you, but to me, $228M is a pretty good chunk of change. It got me thinking…what exactly could Giannis buy during his next five years in Milwaukee with all of that coin?
- 32,618,025 six packs of Sheboygan Bratwursts from Glenn’s Market & Catering
- 15,210,140 original cheese curds from The Wisconsin Cheeseman
- 14,814 30-packs of Milwaukee’s Best Ice
- 182,400 Sherridon Parka Black Label Canada Goose jackets, for those cold winters
- 26,361 brand new 2021 MXZ Ski-Doo Snowmobiles (transport and preparation not included)
- 45,600,000 state issued deer hunting licenses
- 17,538,462 7.5 ounce packages of 8-year super sharp cheddar cheese from Gardner’s Wisconsin Cheese & Sausage
- 285,000 Heifer Cows
- 297,650 season ticket packages for the Green Bay Packers
- $38.92 to each person who lives in the state of Wisconsin
Now, I would never tell another person what to do with their money…but there’s some pretty great stuff Giannis could buy with all of that scratch. Congrats to The Greek Freak on his big payday.