This conversation is long overdue.
After years of useless, uninspired football the week before the Super Bowl, it appears the NFL is finally ready to put the kibosh on the Pro Bowl “game.”
Plenty of decent ideas have been proposed from people who know more about football than we ever will. Those are all good and dandy, but we need to think outside of the box here. The Pro Bowl has arrived at the same level of exciting as paying your phone bill because the crusty NFL won’t open their crotchety brains to some excitement.
But, if we are to believe the well-connected Ian Rapoport’s tweet, maybe things are changing. So I put my dumb brain to work as an unpaid consultant for the NFL to provide some golden alternatives that would be more exciting than their boring ass Pro Bowl game.
- Closest to the pin
- Ping Pong
- Hot dog eating
- Case race; beer of choice TBD
- Bench press max out between each conferences kickers
- Academic decathlon
- Gardening; the most beautiful landscape wins
- Post an Instagram story that’s more self absorbed than LeBron James’
- Bet a significant amount of money on the Maple Leafs to win an elimination game
- Revved up chain saws engulfed in flames juggling competition
I mean…that’s just 10 off the dome without any effort. If I can rattle off double-digit prime solutions without any effort, those fat cats at NFL HQ can figure out how to fix their Pro Bowl…unless they want to use any of my ideas, in which case I’m open to negotiate.